Steel Supplies Charters Towers is Hiring a Project Supervisor
Steel Supplies Charters Towers is looking for a project supervisor to join our team in Charters Towers to supervise teams on job sites for sheds, cattle yards and other steel fabrications. Experience in supervising will ensure that you lead your team to provide quality work for our extensive client base.
This position will see you supervising steel production and construction projects at our Charters Towers facility and across Northern Australia at our clients’ sites. The construction projects are centred around cattle yard design and steel shed fabrication.
Important to the role is ability to manage people and work to project completion deadlines adhering to relevant workplace health and safety requirements. Ability to adapt to different physical and circumstantial environments is a must along with ensuring that your team works at a peak performance level. You will be required to ensure that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. The role will see carry out the following duties:
- Managing a team of 3 to 4 welders at our production facility and at onsite locations;
- Promoting and maintaining a safe and efficient work team;
- Providing engaging leadership including feedback and guidance on how team members can work more effectively or address issues in their work;
- Effective management of company resources to complete projects;
- Understanding of project requirements and relevant obligations;
- Management of construction team and individual workers;
- Reporting on projects to clients and upper management; and
- Understanding that finishing a project on time, on budget and safely is essential.
Successful candidates have previous experience managing steel, construction or similar projects. Apply for the position if you have the following skills:
- Project supervising experience;
- Strong planning, prioritisation and time management skills;
- Ability to interpret and advise on project plans and requirements;
- Sound knowledge of workplace, health and safety requirements;
- Ability to identify and deal with potential safety hazards;
- Good people skills and client manner;
- Ability to effectively manage a mobile team; and
- Strong quality control management skills.
- Diverse working locations when travelling to clients’ sites;
- Permanent full-time work;
- Day shift 6.00am – 6pm with potential overtime with a great pay rate;
- Local family owned production company;
- Welcoming workplace culture that promotes inclusivity and safety; and
- Development of professional skills.
Steel Supplies Charters Towers is a family owned steel supplier servicing farmers and locals across Queensland and the Northern Territory. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are dedicated to our employees’ safety and wellbeing; the success of our company depends on our people. Our diverse, skilled and inclusive workforce is key to our business. Please apply if you’re interested in joining our team as a project supervisor.
Text: 0428 874 311 to set up a meeting and place “Supervisor” in the subject or email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume.
Address: 9 Blacks Road, Flinders Highway, Charters Towers, QLD, 4820