Steel Supplies Charters Towers is Hiring a Welder/Boilermaker
Steel Supplies Charters Towers is looking for a welder/boilermaker to join our Charters Towers team with some basic experience in the capacity of a full-time position.
The role is with a team of people who work exclusively on steel projects ranging from sheds, cattle yards, steel frame fabrication and more.
As a welder/boilermaker at SSCT, it is important that you put safety of yourself and others first, have a strong work ethic, commitment to quality work, self-starting attitude and punctuality.
At times, you will be required to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team ensuring that all steel fabrication and production is of the highest possible standard.
The following are duties to be completed as part of the role:
- Reading and interpreting plans and instructions to mark out, cut, weld and assemble our steel products;
- Complete boiler making and welding tasks in accordance with approved welding procedures;
- Interpret welding symbols to ensure correct welding techniques;
- Clean and maintain welding and production equipment and machinery;
- Play a role in keeping a clean worksite; and
- Follow all production facility and site safety requirements.
Successful candidates will have previous steel production experience either in the area of welding or boiler making for a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience.
You must be able to demonstrate the following personal skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of fabrication, including structural, plate work & piping with carbon steel & exotic materials;
- Basic welding experience;
- Ability to adhere to relevant workplace health and safety requirements;
- Time management and ability to work efficiently;
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively in a mobile team; and
- Pride in work and prioritisation of clients’ needs.
- Purpose built production facility in Charters Towers, Queensland;
- Diverse working locations when travelling to clients’ sites;
- Steady permanent full-time work;
- Competitive salary;
- Local family owned steel production company;
- Welcoming workplace culture that promotes inclusivity and safety; and
- Commitment to the development of skills.
Steel Supplies Charters Towers is a family owned steel supplier servicing farmers and locals across Queensland and the Northern Territory. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Steel Supplies Charters Towers are dedicated to our employees’ safety and wellbeing; the success of our company depends on our people. Our diverse, skilled and inclusive workforce is key to our business. Please apply if you’re interested in joining our team as a welder/boilermaker.
Text: 0428 874 311 and leave a message regarding the role you are applying for or email email@example.com.